Friday 31 May 2013

Sophie's full moon

How time flies! Sophie's full moon was celebrated by distribution of Eaton's nasi kunyit (yums!) and a luncheon at Starview attended by family and daddy's close friends. We had 4 tables and roast suckling pig, though I abstained because I don't eat pork. I wasn't really keen on having the luncheon but Daddy wanted to have it because we celebrated Josiah's full moon at Jade Palace the last time (but no roast suckling pig then).
Sophie is now fully on breast milk. I pump 90% of the time and DL only during night time. This is because she often falls asleep after only sucking for a few minutes and then she gets hungry every hour. This in turn makes her very fussy...and leaves me frustrated. Did I mention that breastfeeding is one of the hardest, most demanding job and requires utmost discipline - more on this later, I will need to write a separate post on breastfeeding alone.
The other advantage of feeding expressed breast milk from the bottle is that I can see how much milk she drinks as I am concerned that she is not getting enough milk and not gaining enough weight if she DL exclusively. At the moment it is difficult for her to even finish 3oz of milk at every 3 hourly feedings. I hope and pray that her appetite improves and weight increases. Mommy is working very hard to maintain a good supply of breast milk for you Sophie by pumping every 3 hours. The fridge is now full of Mommy's milk. There are about 30+ bottles of breast milk for you. I tried to give some to koko Josiah, but he doesn't like it. He said its 'yucky' and 'stinky'. Mommy is so sad that you rejected Mommy's milk because it is the best food that you can ever have. Well, at least you had some when you were a baby. 
I am also concerned that Josiah is not gaining enough weight because at almost 3 years old, he still only eats porridge and refuses rice and spits out every other food. Children from 1 year old onwards should be joining in family meals and eating a variety of foods. Being taken care of by my aunty and great grandmother is also not helping because they only feed him porridge. It is too much work for great grandmother to prepare rice and dishes for him. Also they need to be consistent in training him to eat rice. This is stressing me out! Actually I have thought of sending him full day at Twinkle Tots so that he can eat normal meals once he sees other children eating too. But it would be harsh to stop now considering the financial constraints they are having. For now I can only hope and pray that koko Josiah will be a good boy and eat normal food.


No comments:

Post a Comment