Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sophie's having fever again

Sophie is now 6 months and 5 days old. Although she is exclusively breastfed, she has fallen ill a few times. This time, she had fever since last Thursday and I took her to Dr L yesterday. As the fever is only low grade, she was given a antibiotics over a course of 7 days. It started with Josiah being sick and then hubby got infected, then myself, then MIL and even the helper. My friend Carol said that I should not doubt my breastmilk because if Sophie did not drink my breastmilk, she would be more sick than she is now. I must admit that I do feel demotivated sometimes especially when Sophie rejects my milk and she drinks so little. At the 6 month weigh in, her weight is 6.9kg. Dr L says she is on the small side but there is nothing to worry about as long as Sophie is healthy and is meeting the milestones for baby her age. She says its not good to have a fat baby :)
I have been feeding her one spoon of cereal everyday for the past two weeks but everytime she spits it all out. I have even tried giving pureed pumpkin, banana and avocado. She will thrust her tongue and spit out everything. I am started to get a little bit worried. I remember that when Josiah started on semi solids, it took him about 4-5 days to muster the ability to accept food from a spoon and swallowing. I hope Sophie will start eating soon. We have been praying every day for Sophie's appetite for milk and food to increase so that she will grow bigger, healthy and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment