Thursday 19 September 2013

My Sophie girl can flip onto her tummy

Sophie started to flip onto her tummy shortly after turning 4 months old. She can also dislodge the stuck arm from her body. This is the first of many milestones to come. Sophie is such a lovely baby...until you hear her cry! For a little baby, she must have pretty huge lungs because she can really screaamm!
Sophie is still 100% breastfed. But since turning 4mo, she has become cheeky and refuses to drink milk. Her milk intake has taken a dip and often takes a very long time to finish a bottle of milk. According to the paed, it is most likely something I ate which passed on to her. I must be very careful with my diet but I find it very hard to pinpoint to a specific food that I ate which is causing her to reject the milk.
Before I forget last month I had the dreaded mastitis. I had to be on antibiotics for a week. Breasts were swollen, engorged and painful. I also had fever and felt so ill. Sophie if you're reading this in the future please know how much I endured the hardship of breastfeeding and still persevered because I love you so much. Of course Josiah has also been benefitting because he is drinking my breastmilk mixed with formula/milo/horlicks of course. And it has to be freshly expressed otherwise he will reject it.

No comments:

Post a Comment