Thursday 1 September 2011

Selamat Hari Raya & Merdeka Day

Today is the second day of Hari Raya and National day. In conjunction with the festive season, 29 aug to 1 sept was declared a public holiday. Josiah had a fall last Saturday and ended up with a bruie at his cheek just below his left eye. He was sitting (that's right, he can't ride the bike yet) on his bike and I think he was trying to reach for his toys which are in the front basket but couldn't so he ended up falling on his left side together with the bike. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner while daddy was suppose to watch him. Daddy must have gone to the room for a while when the accident happened. He was crying so much I think he must be in pain. It wasn't till about 15 minutes later that I realized his cheek was bruised. I quickly grabbed an Avent ice pack from the freezer and put it on the bruise. He didn't seem to mind and I played with him by counting to 10 then releasing the ice pack to distract him. The bruise eventually healed and by today it is hardly noticeable. I foresee more falls and knocks to come. But that is part of growing up. He still wants to sit in his bike though, and all's well again I suppose. Anyhow, a big thank you to uncle Phee & aunty JO for giving me my first bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment